Theory to “Mental Illness”! This horrible epidemic has touched the lives of virtually everyone…Autism, Alzheimer’s, Bi-Polar, Depression & more…studies find that our food supply is no good where nutrients are concerned. Our bodies & organs need to be healthy especially the BRAIN to function correctly.
#1. Hot Potato – Although not pampering, but deliscious! Wash whole baking potatoes, set directly on hot coals, cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender, carefully remove from coals. Simply cut in half, butter or other seasonings & eat right out of skin…amazingly scrumptious!!! Just an old, old way to do potatoes.
#2. ZEN Yoga w/Wheel – The Yoga Wheel gives that extra stretch which is necessary for long travels. Great for all physical abilities. Very simple moves that can be performed anytime anywhere. Take time for that “Extra Stretch”!
#3. Meditate – Only focus on your immediate surroundings. Take in every little thing, sounds, view, critters & even the shapes in the clouds. Focus on your breathes, inhale deeply through your nose & exhale slowly through your mouth. Coming soon: Using “Breathing” to control your energy levels & overall balance!
#4. RV/Travelfit – My latest course creation…excerpt in a blog found below & my full program e-book coming soon! For the word on how to get yours be sure to visit & use links on home page to like, follow & share on social media:
#5. Relaxing Facial – YES, imagine out traveling & taking that special time for you. Start with a nice steam treat, followed by your favorite product! Look extra amazing when you get home…
#6. Invigorating Foot Treatment – Show your feet some true Lovin…we forget about our little fellers & they carry us day by day. Follow up with a peaceful venture of “Earthing” (Grounding – barefoot to the Earth to absorb nutrients & balance energies with the magnetic poles.
#7. List Your Blessings – Sit down, relax & reflect on your thoughts, feelings, blessings & more. Create a travel diary that you can go back to & reminisce that special trip. Travel Diaries are one of the best souvenirs you can ever bring home…
Hope you enjoy these suggestions, more ideas coming soon…
Traveling is amazing whether you’re an avid traveler or can only break FREE periodically. Getting away from daily schedules, stresses of everyday life & bonding time either alone or with family definitely rejuvenates us all.
To me traveling or vacations mean not only getting away, but good food, experiencing new destinations (or the same destinations), relaxing, meeting new people, seeing distant friends or relatives & did I mention Good Food?
All of this is truly perfect, except for that relaxation & the Great Food! Yep, I feel the added pounds & fatigue after my travels…not just the disappointment that it’s over, but real weight gain & lack of energy.
If you recognize the same problem or would like to fit fitness into your travels – then this blog is for you!
About Me: I’ve been in the fitness industry for over a decade, owned & operated a Fitness & Dance Studio, studied Reiki & Chakra Energy, retired from a physical full time day job & now putting it all together by being a “Personal Body & Mind Balancing Coach”. Visit: Station X
This style of Coaching is all about good nutrition, just for you fitness regimens & bringing all the energies together for better overall health & wellbeing. My website www.stationxonline.com gives more information on my services & special product recommendations.
www.Stationxonline.com/blog is my blog that offers so many unique articles focusing on everything from travel to mental illness. Check more of it out & be sure to follow me on FB, Twitter & YouTube via links on Home Page of www.stationxonline.com.
Ready to start your own personal RV & Travel Fitness Plan??? Practice the following tasks daily while traveling & can even continue while your home to keep the Mind & Body Balanced…
(This regimen is safe for most fitness levels & be sure to check with your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen).
* This is an excerpt from my book to be released real soon. Remember to visit my website: Station X , like & follow me via my links on the home page & be the 1st for release & other specials. Be sure to comment & share!
Chapter 1 – On the Road Morning Regimen
COFFEE FIRST!!! Yep, nothing like that morning jolt of java…not a coffee drinker? Unsure what to say???
For this morning ritual no equipment is needed, but do be sure to drink plenty of water when completed & throughout your day.
1. Salutations: This move is the 1ststep to a great day & a welcoming of the day’s adventures. Stand with your feet together, stand as tall as you can, as you breathe in deeply through your nose, let your arms rise from your sides to as high as you can reach up. Connect palms at the top as prayer hands & exhale slowly through your mouth as you bring prayer hands to chest level. Repeat slowly 3 – 4 x.
2. Balanced Stance: Step your feet open to shoulder width, toes forward, soften knees, engage core by tucking pelvis forward (we joke to act like you’re holding a $100 bill in your butt – it really works, try it), roll shoulders back & lift chest & head high. Stand in this position & do some deep breathes like above. Rest hands on thighs or push palms downward. Feel the balance? You are now lined up with your center of gravity & should not be able to fall over if this stance is done correctly. Spend a few minutes taking in this position & picture your day ahead. Feel tension on various joints & muscles release, after all you are correctly lined up.
3. Front Gatherer: From Balanced Stance inhale & let your hands float up forward with wrists down, until your wrists are in line with your chin. Hinge forward at the hips with a flat back & with front gathering motion with arms exhale & slowly roll up 1 vertebra at a time with a huge shoulder roll at the top, back to balanced stance. Repeat 3 – 4 x.
4. Neck Stretch Look: From Balanced Stance with arms down by sides, press palms to floor & crown of your head to ceiling or sky. Inhale through the nose as you gently turn your head as far as you can to the right, exhale hard & turn just a bit further. Hold & continue controlled breathes pressing further to the right. If any pain release until you’re comfortable for a more gentle stretch. Be sure your crown keeps straight up & chin is over right shoulder & you are not shrugging shoulder at all, keep pressing down.
Gently release turning head back to front. Do same step but on left side. Repeat as often as needed. I could do this move all day! I get pinched nerves in my neck that radiate excruciating pain down my left arm. This is my # 1 magic stretch that helps keep that nerve from pinching. Again; be sure to check your doctor or chiropractor before performing this move to its fullest potential.
5. Neck Stretch Ear to Shoulder: From Balanced Stance tilt your head to the right pressing ear to shoulder, BUT do not bring shoulder to ear, keep palms pressing to floor. Exhale hard through nose & further bring ear to shoulder. Hold & use controlled breathes.
Gently return head to center & repeat on left side. Repeat as often as needed. This is my #2 favorite stretch!
6. Prayer Hand Twist: Bring your feet together, stand tall, engage core & bring hands together (Prayer Hands) in front of you at chest height. Lift elbows as high as you can. Keeping hips forward turn upper torso to the right as far as you can. Focus on breathes & twist further to the right as you exhale hard. Hold position & deep breathe in through nose out through mouth.
Gently turn upper torso forward & repeat to the left. When I perform this move I hear all sorts of crackling & clicking, but it feels so good. Bones & little things going back where they belong!
7. Salutations: Repeat Salutations from #1. Really engage & reach hard as you lift your arms overhead. Use full intent on breathes & clear night time toxins from your lungs.
8. Balanced Stance: Repeat Balanced Stance from # 2. Enjoy this stance with a few purifying breathes.
9. Shifts: From Balanced Stance shift weight to the right, soften right knee & left leg should straighten slightly. Be sure to keep your body in line, shoulders back & core engaged. If you don’t hold core correctly you will not be in your center of gravity. Hold for a few breathes then shift to left, often left knee & right leg should straighten slightly. Hold for a few breathes & repeat. Take notice of gentle stretch in groin & hips.
10. Shifts Balance: From Balanced Stance as you shift to the right slowly lift left foot off floor & bring to right calf. Keep core engaged (remember that $100 bill trick?). Hold & focus on breathes. Put left foot back to shoulder width position & repeat on left side. Repeat 3 – 4 x.
11. Shifts Knee Up: Repeat shifts from #10, however after bringing foot to opposing calf, lift knee to hip height extending arms gently forward. If wobbly; re-engage that core! Repeat on each side 3 – 4 x.
12.Crane: From Shifts Knee Up extend the toe of raised knee to the floor directly in front of you & raise arms out to the side. Focus on breathes. On 1 side at a time return to knee up to crane 3 – 4 x, repeat opposite side.
End with Salutations for as long as you want…your Body & Mind should be in a better balanced state & ready to engage in the day’s activities of travel & more adventures. Anytime you need a little break whether it is traveling, at home or work the Salutations are wonderful to regain that little burst of solitude you may require. Happy travels on the road & watch for my book & more chapters including: Rest Stops Fitness…
Other than awesome traveling in your RV, there are times when boredom can set in & leave you searching for something new to explore…this is the 1st of several articles bringing you my top ideas of new activities to try on your next adventure!
#1. Stand Up Paddleboarding – although not real unique it is definitely something to try. Lakes are virtually everywhere & SUP let’s you enjoy the water in an entirely new way.
The Vilano price is well worth it & includes everything you need to get out on the water. Did I mention the quality is of the extreme highest. Compares to a solid board but allows very easy storage.
#2. Treaure Hunting – a simple & relaxing activity that can let you find souvenirs & grow a collection of memories. Look for special rocks, sticks, craft items & maybe even valuables! Although no equipment is needed; a metal detector can open doors to new treasures! Simply grab a bag of some sort & go exploring…
#3. Geocaching – taking treasure hunting a step further: this is a hunt using technology allowing you to pick caches & set out to locate using their coordinates. Findings range from trinket boxes to vouchers for vehicles to valuable coins & more. Theres many caches to choose from & difficulty varies from very simple to pro. Some equipment is needed. Most cell phones with mapping can be used or Garmin has some excellent models at affordable prices.
Totally new to Geocache? Kits are available to make your 1st search a great success!
#4. Hide Treasures – whether it be for caches or just for fun consider hiding objects for others to find. Can hide painted rocks or shells, pennies, crafts & just about anything. We love painting rocks/shells & hiding them in our community; however I put my website on the bottoms & get all sorts of fun feedback.
#5. Earth or Ground With Nature – Simply absorb the earth through the bare soles of your feet. This aligns the particles in your body with the magnetic poles. Look for a safe area free of debris & let your toes free! No equipment needed. Great activity with music!
#6. Fitness Regimen – not a hard workout, unless you want to??? From stretching to simple yoga you can do it. Not only will you feel better, but can start a healthy traveling plan. Theres tons of mini workouts out there, try one, but keep it fun. I offer my “Fitness Rockz Sets” & are available in 3 various sets. Each set contains 10 – 12 stones with moves, you pick a stone or 2 or 3 & perform each of those moves for 30 seconds to minutes. Visit my websites My Crafts Page, I also teach various regimens & currently creating new classes!
#7. Ghost Hunting – MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE! Yes, discover the secrets of your surroundings. Let your imagination lurk around the campground…theres also many Ghost Towns all over the world waiting for you to explore…
Hope you enjoyed these 7 things to do, watch for my next 7…please share this blog, take a visit to my website & like my social media links on the Home Page!
Mine are Rock Hunting, SUP & Running. Over the past years I’ve completed numerous 5k, 10k & half marathons.
I ran cities, rural areas & shorelines; smooth pavement, rough terrain, fields & even hills & mountains!!!
Definitely a fun & exhausting day…thank goodness for great shoes, good hydration & wonderful layers!
Using the best shoes, staying hydrated & with excellent layers I push further & harder! The following are my highest recommendations:
I dehydrate quickly, causing light headedness, spasms & weakness. Gnarly is my hydration top pick.
Do you live in a colder climate zone? I do & a very good base layer is a must. Enertor is great all seasons with its sweat wicking & energizing material this technology is a must!
Enertor Socks also available!
Shoes? Yes Brooks has been my best friends for several years…
Some winter races are fun, but I have a very difficult time with the cold – I am getting older – BUT… thank goodness for “Treadmills”! I can keep up with my stamina & endurance all winter long. Watch for my future blog on the best treadmills.
New to SUP? This blog is here to point you in the right direction. I spent hours finding the best setup & accessories for the beginner. Hope this helps, I found the inflatable to be more convenient & accessories that came with it well worth the money. The only extras you WILL NEED is a tether & life vest.
This is the board I researched & purchased. Excellent quality & very surprised how sturdy when properly inflated. Comes with a gauged pump, case & everything to make my 1st voyage the “Perfect Adventure”! Best, best value for the affordable price.
I purchased the following accessories to complete my mission:
Yes, turn your SUP into a Kayak in seconds. Was a must have!
This is just 1 of many tethers, of course I went with this one for the quality, value, included a waterproof phone case (Yes, it fits my Note 9) & it matches the board!
As I travel on my ventures there will be more blogs on tips, product evaluations & more!
Of course; most of us gain those few extra pounds while on vacation & it’s so easy to focus on that R & R, that we forget about our bodies.
I fully recognize that dilemma & am here to give you some tips & product ideas for your RV – no more travel excuses…
My goals for this blog is to show you with convenient packing & storage of fitness items, how to keep it fun & to keep/get in shape on the road.
My 1st item is a good quality Yoga/Fitness Mat. They easily roll or fold for very simple storage. Can be used for several regimens including meditation. I chose this Roam mat not only for its quality but the folding & carry bag. Perfectly priced & bag can be used to carry other items as well.
Be sure to view the various bands & even jump ropes that can be stored in bag too!
The “Yoga Wheel” is a definite must have! After hours on the road theres nothing better than an extensive stretch with this wheel. I stop every couple hours & do some “RV Wheeling” – feels so great I do longer trips with little to no toll on my body.
The Wheel is a little more challenging to store, but overall value is a must!
Another unique item I recently found is the portable & easily storable “Lifeline Jungle Gym”!!! So perfect to attach to a tree, RV anchor & more. This unit switches between body weight work & tension…can’t wait to get this for my next RV Adventure! Go to my shop & see all about this one…
With these 3 items you can be in better shape when you gather home. Next blog will focus on basic moves introducing my new course: Fitness on the Road; RV Style!!!
I am so totally addicted for SUP for it allows one to enjoy the water, get an awesome total body workout, relax, can incorporate Yoga & other stretching regimens just to name a few!
Some boards can be customized for fishing, yoga/stretching, seating & passengers – even for our furry friends.
I’ve taught group fitness classes since 2005 & loved my Surf-n-Tone Classes…with use of small simulated surf boards. I found taking this regimen to the water has added so much more excitement & challenges.
Being a fitness professional I offer my recommendation on the following:
Energy based attire that helps increase energy with energy return fibers. The fibers convert natural thermo energy from your body into Far Infrared Ray’s to push your anaerobic limits!
Gnarly is loaded with electrolytes & B Vitamins, is low in sugar but big on flavor – I love the pink grapefruit!
In the title I mentioned “Indoor Paddle Boarding…YES!!! I found an amazing indoor board! And it’s not just for paddling…from beginner to pro this board is to maximize your mobility, flexibility & balance.
Perfect for “Indoor” Paddle Boarding, yoga, pilates, weight training & all other boarding sports!
Click piclinks for more details & for more products I picked especially for you!!!
View & share this post, visit my website (link on this page), check out my Anytime Fitness Schedule, attend a class & try the NEW Machine! Get a discount class fee & can earn 2 FREE months membership!!!
Abdominals are the toughest muscle groups to be content with – other than “Bat Wings”, my sessions teach you how to get the most of your precious work out!!!