Traveling is amazing whether you’re an avid traveler or can only break FREE periodically. Getting away from daily schedules, stresses of everyday life & bonding time either alone or with family definitely rejuvenates us all.
To me traveling or vacations mean not only getting away, but good food, experiencing new destinations (or the same destinations), relaxing, meeting new people, seeing distant friends or relatives & did I mention Good Food?
All of this is truly perfect, except for that relaxation & the Great Food! Yep, I feel the added pounds & fatigue after my travels…not just the disappointment that it’s over, but real weight gain & lack of energy.
If you recognize the same problem or would like to fit fitness into your travels – then this blog is for you!
About Me: I’ve been in the fitness industry for over a decade, owned & operated a Fitness & Dance Studio, studied Reiki & Chakra Energy, retired from a physical full time day job & now putting it all together by being a “Personal Body & Mind Balancing Coach”. Visit: Station X
This style of Coaching is all about good nutrition, just for you fitness regimens & bringing all the energies together for better overall health & wellbeing. My website www.stationxonline.com gives more information on my services & special product recommendations.
www.Stationxonline.com/blog is my blog that offers so many unique articles focusing on everything from travel to mental illness. Check more of it out & be sure to follow me on FB, Twitter & YouTube via links on Home Page of www.stationxonline.com.
Ready to start your own personal RV & Travel Fitness Plan??? Practice the following tasks daily while traveling & can even continue while your home to keep the Mind & Body Balanced…
(This regimen is safe for most fitness levels & be sure to check with your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen).
* This is an excerpt from my book to be released real soon. Remember to visit my website: Station X , like & follow me via my links on the home page & be the 1st for release & other specials. Be sure to comment & share!
Chapter 1 – On the Road Morning Regimen
COFFEE FIRST!!! Yep, nothing like that morning jolt of java…not a coffee drinker? Unsure what to say???
For this morning ritual no equipment is needed, but do be sure to drink plenty of water when completed & throughout your day.
1. Salutations: This move is the 1ststep to a great day & a welcoming of the day’s adventures. Stand with your feet together, stand as tall as you can, as you breathe in deeply through your nose, let your arms rise from your sides to as high as you can reach up. Connect palms at the top as prayer hands & exhale slowly through your mouth as you bring prayer hands to chest level. Repeat slowly 3 – 4 x.
2. Balanced Stance: Step your feet open to shoulder width, toes forward, soften knees, engage core by tucking pelvis forward (we joke to act like you’re holding a $100 bill in your butt – it really works, try it), roll shoulders back & lift chest & head high. Stand in this position & do some deep breathes like above. Rest hands on thighs or push palms downward. Feel the balance? You are now lined up with your center of gravity & should not be able to fall over if this stance is done correctly. Spend a few minutes taking in this position & picture your day ahead. Feel tension on various joints & muscles release, after all you are correctly lined up.
3. Front Gatherer: From Balanced Stance inhale & let your hands float up forward with wrists down, until your wrists are in line with your chin. Hinge forward at the hips with a flat back & with front gathering motion with arms exhale & slowly roll up 1 vertebra at a time with a huge shoulder roll at the top, back to balanced stance. Repeat 3 – 4 x.
4. Neck Stretch Look: From Balanced Stance with arms down by sides, press palms to floor & crown of your head to ceiling or sky. Inhale through the nose as you gently turn your head as far as you can to the right, exhale hard & turn just a bit further. Hold & continue controlled breathes pressing further to the right. If any pain release until you’re comfortable for a more gentle stretch. Be sure your crown keeps straight up & chin is over right shoulder & you are not shrugging shoulder at all, keep pressing down.
Gently release turning head back to front. Do same step but on left side. Repeat as often as needed. I could do this move all day! I get pinched nerves in my neck that radiate excruciating pain down my left arm. This is my # 1 magic stretch that helps keep that nerve from pinching. Again; be sure to check your doctor or chiropractor before performing this move to its fullest potential.
5. Neck Stretch Ear to Shoulder: From Balanced Stance tilt your head to the right pressing ear to shoulder, BUT do not bring shoulder to ear, keep palms pressing to floor. Exhale hard through nose & further bring ear to shoulder. Hold & use controlled breathes.
Gently return head to center & repeat on left side. Repeat as often as needed. This is my #2 favorite stretch!
6. Prayer Hand Twist: Bring your feet together, stand tall, engage core & bring hands together (Prayer Hands) in front of you at chest height. Lift elbows as high as you can. Keeping hips forward turn upper torso to the right as far as you can. Focus on breathes & twist further to the right as you exhale hard. Hold position & deep breathe in through nose out through mouth.
Gently turn upper torso forward & repeat to the left. When I perform this move I hear all sorts of crackling & clicking, but it feels so good. Bones & little things going back where they belong!
7. Salutations: Repeat Salutations from #1. Really engage & reach hard as you lift your arms overhead. Use full intent on breathes & clear night time toxins from your lungs.
8. Balanced Stance: Repeat Balanced Stance from # 2. Enjoy this stance with a few purifying breathes.
9. Shifts: From Balanced Stance shift weight to the right, soften right knee & left leg should straighten slightly. Be sure to keep your body in line, shoulders back & core engaged. If you don’t hold core correctly you will not be in your center of gravity. Hold for a few breathes then shift to left, often left knee & right leg should straighten slightly. Hold for a few breathes & repeat. Take notice of gentle stretch in groin & hips.
10. Shifts Balance: From Balanced Stance as you shift to the right slowly lift left foot off floor & bring to right calf. Keep core engaged (remember that $100 bill trick?). Hold & focus on breathes. Put left foot back to shoulder width position & repeat on left side. Repeat 3 – 4 x.
11. Shifts Knee Up: Repeat shifts from #10, however after bringing foot to opposing calf, lift knee to hip height extending arms gently forward. If wobbly; re-engage that core! Repeat on each side 3 – 4 x.
12.Crane: From Shifts Knee Up extend the toe of raised knee to the floor directly in front of you & raise arms out to the side. Focus on breathes. On 1 side at a time return to knee up to crane 3 – 4 x, repeat opposite side.
End with Salutations for as long as you want…your Body & Mind should be in a better balanced state & ready to engage in the day’s activities of travel & more adventures. Anytime you need a little break whether it is traveling, at home or work the Salutations are wonderful to regain that little burst of solitude you may require. Happy travels on the road & watch for my book & more chapters including: Rest Stops Fitness…
New to SUP? This blog is here to point you in the right direction. I spent hours finding the best setup & accessories for the beginner. Hope this helps, I found the inflatable to be more convenient & accessories that came with it well worth the money. The only extras you WILL NEED is a tether & life vest.
This is the board I researched & purchased. Excellent quality & very surprised how sturdy when properly inflated. Comes with a gauged pump, case & everything to make my 1st voyage the “Perfect Adventure”! Best, best value for the affordable price.
I purchased the following accessories to complete my mission:
Yes, turn your SUP into a Kayak in seconds. Was a must have!
This is just 1 of many tethers, of course I went with this one for the quality, value, included a waterproof phone case (Yes, it fits my Note 9) & it matches the board!
As I travel on my ventures there will be more blogs on tips, product evaluations & more!
Of course; most of us gain those few extra pounds while on vacation & it’s so easy to focus on that R & R, that we forget about our bodies.
I fully recognize that dilemma & am here to give you some tips & product ideas for your RV – no more travel excuses…
My goals for this blog is to show you with convenient packing & storage of fitness items, how to keep it fun & to keep/get in shape on the road.
My 1st item is a good quality Yoga/Fitness Mat. They easily roll or fold for very simple storage. Can be used for several regimens including meditation. I chose this Roam mat not only for its quality but the folding & carry bag. Perfectly priced & bag can be used to carry other items as well.
Be sure to view the various bands & even jump ropes that can be stored in bag too!
The “Yoga Wheel” is a definite must have! After hours on the road theres nothing better than an extensive stretch with this wheel. I stop every couple hours & do some “RV Wheeling” – feels so great I do longer trips with little to no toll on my body.
The Wheel is a little more challenging to store, but overall value is a must!
Another unique item I recently found is the portable & easily storable “Lifeline Jungle Gym”!!! So perfect to attach to a tree, RV anchor & more. This unit switches between body weight work & tension…can’t wait to get this for my next RV Adventure! Go to my shop & see all about this one…
With these 3 items you can be in better shape when you gather home. Next blog will focus on basic moves introducing my new course: Fitness on the Road; RV Style!!!
I am so totally addicted for SUP for it allows one to enjoy the water, get an awesome total body workout, relax, can incorporate Yoga & other stretching regimens just to name a few!
Some boards can be customized for fishing, yoga/stretching, seating & passengers – even for our furry friends.
I’ve taught group fitness classes since 2005 & loved my Surf-n-Tone Classes…with use of small simulated surf boards. I found taking this regimen to the water has added so much more excitement & challenges.
Being a fitness professional I offer my recommendation on the following:
Energy based attire that helps increase energy with energy return fibers. The fibers convert natural thermo energy from your body into Far Infrared Ray’s to push your anaerobic limits!
Gnarly is loaded with electrolytes & B Vitamins, is low in sugar but big on flavor – I love the pink grapefruit!
In the title I mentioned “Indoor Paddle Boarding…YES!!! I found an amazing indoor board! And it’s not just for paddling…from beginner to pro this board is to maximize your mobility, flexibility & balance.
Perfect for “Indoor” Paddle Boarding, yoga, pilates, weight training & all other boarding sports!
Click piclinks for more details & for more products I picked especially for you!!!
View & share this post, visit my website (link on this page), check out my Anytime Fitness Schedule, attend a class & try the NEW Machine! Get a discount class fee & can earn 2 FREE months membership!!!
Abdominals are the toughest muscle groups to be content with – other than “Bat Wings”, my sessions teach you how to get the most of your precious work out!!!
(Click picture to link where you can purchase the Red Tea & an entire package to get the most benefits)
From the shrub Aspalathus Linearis, which is found on the slopes of Cape of Good Hope in South Africa & used for 100s of years.
According to WebMD:
*Red tea has 50 times more antioxidants than green tea.
*Rich in Vitamin C, low in tannins and may ease digestive problems.
*Helps strengthen the bones and teeth.
*Positive effect on the skin and hair & known to clear skin of acne and prevent wrinkles.
*Caffeine free, it may be drunk without limit and won’t affect sleep cycles or cause insomnia as with some other popular teas.
The polyphenols in rooibos tea have anti-inflBoost to the immune system, which helps protect the body from common colds, viruses and the flu as well as reduce inflamations.
Rooibos tea is a natural remedy to help relieve and prevent hypertension. It works by lowering the blood pressure.
Aids the Respiratory System
Rooibos tea is a bronchodilator. It may help combat the symptoms of asthma.
Good for the Bones and Teeth
Rooibos tea is rich in several minerals including manganese, calcium and fluoride. These minerals promote healthy bones and teeth. As a result, drinking rooibos tea may help prevent common health conditions including joint pain, osteoporosis and arthritis. . Finally, calcium is important for healthy, strong bones and teeth.
Boosts the Digestive Tract
Rooibos tea is also rich in antispasmodic agents that activate potassium ions in the body. These agents help ease stomach cramps, abdominal pain and aid digestion.
Helps Prevent Type II Diabetes
Rooibos tea contains aspalathin, which has a hypoglycemic effect on the body. Aspalathin is a rare type of antioxidant that helps balance blood sugar and improves insulin resistance in the body.
Promotes Healthy Hair
Rooibos tea is rich in several important minerals required for hair growth. This includes zin, calcium, copper and potassium. Regularly consuming rooibos tea may help increase hair growth and strengthen hair fibers, so hair grows healthy and strong. The tea may also help prevent hair loss, as its active ingredients help remove dead skin cells that may block hair follicles and prevent hair from growing.
Improves Blood Circulation
Roobios tea contains chrysoeriols, which is a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This compound aids blood circulation and has been linked to reducing cholesterol.