Looking to de-stress, relax & clear your mind of daily chaos? I find total peace while hunting & working with my many rocks.
Scientific proof that “Earthing” has very high mental & physical benefits makes rock hunting one of the best activities one can do.
Whether it be painting, sorting, holding or illuminating rocks, minerals or gems you will feel the phenomenal overall effects.
Equipment to use for illumination takes lots of research & hit & miss efforts. I found the following to be very good & affordable as well…hope this blog helps you get started in Firing Up your precious finds!!!
(The following links are to my Amazon affiliate account & I do receive commissions on purchases).
This light works great on minerals that glow with UVA long wave, can even connect multiples for a Grand Display!
Looking to hunt for some treasures or illuminate other possessions? Perfect light for most everything.
This little treasure is light weight, long battery life & can focus on specific areas.
I’m planning to use these strip lights for my home & in addition for my expo displays. 16 feet should be plenty to fill up a room! Perfect for Halloween too!
Most minerals & gems do require short range to become visible to our human eyes. Found this one to be very affordable & does the job firing your treasures at a closer range, but it is some what dim.
Are you a little more serious but can’t spend $100s or $1000s on a UVC light? This one has 11 watts of power & is considered one of the best for its value.
Of course with any hobby or activity there are safety risks. Please be safe out hunting, stay hydrated, cautious of your surroundings & with use of these devices please wear the appropriate eye protection!
#1. Hot Potato – Although not pampering, but deliscious! Wash whole baking potatoes, set directly on hot coals, cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender, carefully remove from coals. Simply cut in half, butter or other seasonings & eat right out of skin…amazingly scrumptious!!! Just an old, old way to do potatoes.
#2. ZEN Yoga w/Wheel – The Yoga Wheel gives that extra stretch which is necessary for long travels. Great for all physical abilities. Very simple moves that can be performed anytime anywhere. Take time for that “Extra Stretch”!
#3. Meditate – Only focus on your immediate surroundings. Take in every little thing, sounds, view, critters & even the shapes in the clouds. Focus on your breathes, inhale deeply through your nose & exhale slowly through your mouth. Coming soon: Using “Breathing” to control your energy levels & overall balance!
#4. RV/Travelfit – My latest course creation…excerpt in a blog found below & my full program e-book coming soon! For the word on how to get yours be sure to visit & use links on home page to like, follow & share on social media:
#5. Relaxing Facial – YES, imagine out traveling & taking that special time for you. Start with a nice steam treat, followed by your favorite product! Look extra amazing when you get home…
#6. Invigorating Foot Treatment – Show your feet some true Lovin…we forget about our little fellers & they carry us day by day. Follow up with a peaceful venture of “Earthing” (Grounding – barefoot to the Earth to absorb nutrients & balance energies with the magnetic poles.
#7. List Your Blessings – Sit down, relax & reflect on your thoughts, feelings, blessings & more. Create a travel diary that you can go back to & reminisce that special trip. Travel Diaries are one of the best souvenirs you can ever bring home…
Hope you enjoy these suggestions, more ideas coming soon…
Traveling is amazing whether you’re an avid traveler or can only break FREE periodically. Getting away from daily schedules, stresses of everyday life & bonding time either alone or with family definitely rejuvenates us all.
To me traveling or vacations mean not only getting away, but good food, experiencing new destinations (or the same destinations), relaxing, meeting new people, seeing distant friends or relatives & did I mention Good Food?
All of this is truly perfect, except for that relaxation & the Great Food! Yep, I feel the added pounds & fatigue after my travels…not just the disappointment that it’s over, but real weight gain & lack of energy.
If you recognize the same problem or would like to fit fitness into your travels – then this blog is for you!
About Me: I’ve been in the fitness industry for over a decade, owned & operated a Fitness & Dance Studio, studied Reiki & Chakra Energy, retired from a physical full time day job & now putting it all together by being a “Personal Body & Mind Balancing Coach”. Visit: Station X
This style of Coaching is all about good nutrition, just for you fitness regimens & bringing all the energies together for better overall health & wellbeing. My website www.stationxonline.com gives more information on my services & special product recommendations.
www.Stationxonline.com/blog is my blog that offers so many unique articles focusing on everything from travel to mental illness. Check more of it out & be sure to follow me on FB, Twitter & YouTube via links on Home Page of www.stationxonline.com.
Ready to start your own personal RV & Travel Fitness Plan??? Practice the following tasks daily while traveling & can even continue while your home to keep the Mind & Body Balanced…
(This regimen is safe for most fitness levels & be sure to check with your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen).
* This is an excerpt from my book to be released real soon. Remember to visit my website: Station X , like & follow me via my links on the home page & be the 1st for release & other specials. Be sure to comment & share!
Chapter 1 – On the Road Morning Regimen
COFFEE FIRST!!! Yep, nothing like that morning jolt of java…not a coffee drinker? Unsure what to say???
For this morning ritual no equipment is needed, but do be sure to drink plenty of water when completed & throughout your day.
1. Salutations: This move is the 1ststep to a great day & a welcoming of the day’s adventures. Stand with your feet together, stand as tall as you can, as you breathe in deeply through your nose, let your arms rise from your sides to as high as you can reach up. Connect palms at the top as prayer hands & exhale slowly through your mouth as you bring prayer hands to chest level. Repeat slowly 3 – 4 x.
2. Balanced Stance: Step your feet open to shoulder width, toes forward, soften knees, engage core by tucking pelvis forward (we joke to act like you’re holding a $100 bill in your butt – it really works, try it), roll shoulders back & lift chest & head high. Stand in this position & do some deep breathes like above. Rest hands on thighs or push palms downward. Feel the balance? You are now lined up with your center of gravity & should not be able to fall over if this stance is done correctly. Spend a few minutes taking in this position & picture your day ahead. Feel tension on various joints & muscles release, after all you are correctly lined up.
3. Front Gatherer: From Balanced Stance inhale & let your hands float up forward with wrists down, until your wrists are in line with your chin. Hinge forward at the hips with a flat back & with front gathering motion with arms exhale & slowly roll up 1 vertebra at a time with a huge shoulder roll at the top, back to balanced stance. Repeat 3 – 4 x.
4. Neck Stretch Look: From Balanced Stance with arms down by sides, press palms to floor & crown of your head to ceiling or sky. Inhale through the nose as you gently turn your head as far as you can to the right, exhale hard & turn just a bit further. Hold & continue controlled breathes pressing further to the right. If any pain release until you’re comfortable for a more gentle stretch. Be sure your crown keeps straight up & chin is over right shoulder & you are not shrugging shoulder at all, keep pressing down.
Gently release turning head back to front. Do same step but on left side. Repeat as often as needed. I could do this move all day! I get pinched nerves in my neck that radiate excruciating pain down my left arm. This is my # 1 magic stretch that helps keep that nerve from pinching. Again; be sure to check your doctor or chiropractor before performing this move to its fullest potential.
5. Neck Stretch Ear to Shoulder: From Balanced Stance tilt your head to the right pressing ear to shoulder, BUT do not bring shoulder to ear, keep palms pressing to floor. Exhale hard through nose & further bring ear to shoulder. Hold & use controlled breathes.
Gently return head to center & repeat on left side. Repeat as often as needed. This is my #2 favorite stretch!
6. Prayer Hand Twist: Bring your feet together, stand tall, engage core & bring hands together (Prayer Hands) in front of you at chest height. Lift elbows as high as you can. Keeping hips forward turn upper torso to the right as far as you can. Focus on breathes & twist further to the right as you exhale hard. Hold position & deep breathe in through nose out through mouth.
Gently turn upper torso forward & repeat to the left. When I perform this move I hear all sorts of crackling & clicking, but it feels so good. Bones & little things going back where they belong!
7. Salutations: Repeat Salutations from #1. Really engage & reach hard as you lift your arms overhead. Use full intent on breathes & clear night time toxins from your lungs.
8. Balanced Stance: Repeat Balanced Stance from # 2. Enjoy this stance with a few purifying breathes.
9. Shifts: From Balanced Stance shift weight to the right, soften right knee & left leg should straighten slightly. Be sure to keep your body in line, shoulders back & core engaged. If you don’t hold core correctly you will not be in your center of gravity. Hold for a few breathes then shift to left, often left knee & right leg should straighten slightly. Hold for a few breathes & repeat. Take notice of gentle stretch in groin & hips.
10. Shifts Balance: From Balanced Stance as you shift to the right slowly lift left foot off floor & bring to right calf. Keep core engaged (remember that $100 bill trick?). Hold & focus on breathes. Put left foot back to shoulder width position & repeat on left side. Repeat 3 – 4 x.
11. Shifts Knee Up: Repeat shifts from #10, however after bringing foot to opposing calf, lift knee to hip height extending arms gently forward. If wobbly; re-engage that core! Repeat on each side 3 – 4 x.
12.Crane: From Shifts Knee Up extend the toe of raised knee to the floor directly in front of you & raise arms out to the side. Focus on breathes. On 1 side at a time return to knee up to crane 3 – 4 x, repeat opposite side.
End with Salutations for as long as you want…your Body & Mind should be in a better balanced state & ready to engage in the day’s activities of travel & more adventures. Anytime you need a little break whether it is traveling, at home or work the Salutations are wonderful to regain that little burst of solitude you may require. Happy travels on the road & watch for my book & more chapters including: Rest Stops Fitness…
View & share this post, visit my website (link on this page), check out my Anytime Fitness Schedule, attend a class & try the NEW Machine! Get a discount class fee & can earn 2 FREE months membership!!!
Abdominals are the toughest muscle groups to be content with – other than “Bat Wings”, my sessions teach you how to get the most of your precious work out!!!